Thursday, December 9, 2010

What Qualifies Me to Offer Advice?

You may be wondering who I am and what qualifies me to give you advice about writing online. If you were expecting to hear that I am a super writer who rakes in thousands of dollars in residual income from my writing each month--or that I have millions of page views and thousands of followers battling to be the first to read my writing--you will disappointed.

I'm not any of those things. I'm just a writer who writes for a living and has learned a few things along the way. Sure, I've received an award or two, and I've written a few articles that bring a steady stream of readers throughout the year, but that isn't what makes me qualified to offer you advice.

What qualifies me is that I am just like you. I know the path you travel, I know the questions you have and I know that the "successful ones" aren't always eager to share their real secrets with you. Their philosophy is that they had to work hard to learn the ropes and that you should too--or so they say. In truth, I think they are afraid that by sharing what they know, YOU just might become more successful than they are.

I'm not worried about you succeeding--in fact, I sincerely hope you do. I believe there are more than enough readers for all of us to succeed and enjoy a productive and fulfilling life as a writer.

That is exactly why I'm here--to share what I have learned, so you can concentrate on the important task of writing, instead of navigating the maze of online writing alone.

No comments: