Thursday, December 23, 2010

Setting Writer Goals for the New Year

I love January. Not because its cold and wintry here in Maine. Not because the mad rush of Christmas is past. I love January because it is new and fresh and the expanse of a new year lays before me. I love the feeling that I can accomplish anything I set my mind to.

As a writer that means setting new goals and striving to reach a new level with my career. If you are writer, and I assume you are if you are reading this post, its time for you to set new goals, too. Although I haven't set specific goals yet, I have created my checklist.

  • My goals challenge me, but are reasonably attainable.
  • My goals align with my personal and professional needs.
  • My goals include check points, evaluation and room to adapt as necessary.
  • My goals are written down in clear concise language.
  • My goals contain short and long term expectations.
  • I review my goals regularly to monitor my progress.

No comments: