Saturday, April 16, 2011

A to Z Blogging Challenge: N is for Never Say Never

N is for Never Say Never

As an online writer it is easy to get lulled into the habit of sticking with the "tried and true" or to assume that if something doesn't work the first time it will never work. We all know that to find success online we need to keep our options open and be willing to try new sites and new approaches--yet somehow we always fall back on what is familiar.

I've tried Squidoo for a few lenses and although I've had some success with gaining readers, the money hasn't followed. This has led me to draw the conclusion that I will Never make a go of it on Squidoo. Today, I decided to forget my resolve to stay clear and to try a few stand-alone lenses to see what happens.

It isn't like it cost me anything--other than a few hours of my time--but truth be told, they were my play hours. I actually had a little fun putting together a quick lens. Feel free to stop by Healthy Brain Tips: It's Only a Thought.

And remember to Never Say Never to an opportunity just because it didn't work out in the past. People and circumstances change. What may have seemed a waste of your efforts in the past just may prove to be a big success now.

No comments: