This morning I came up with a plan--or rather I should say, "my plan came to me". Yes. Just like that it came and I listened, after all I was getting a bit desperate for ideas. Somehow writing down, "I will update my blogs" didn't quite cut it as writing goals. Sure I have some personal goals such as the amount of money I want to make this year from my writing and the schedule I intend to keep, but I'm not quite ready to share those yet.
What I am about to share with you might not knock your socks off, but it rocked my world this morning.
It all started with a Kiss. That's right. A simple little kiss that reminded me that Kiss stands for something. I know, you are ahead of me already, but that's okay --I'm not letting those kinds of things rattle me any more.
You see, I've decided to Keep...It...Simple...Stupid.
- When I have the choice between an easy task and a difficult task that will reap the same rewards, I will chose the easy task. Not because I am lazy and not because I am afraid of hard work, but because it makes sense. It's practical and it's the best use of my time.
- When I am tired, I will rest because a rested mind accomplishes more in less time.
- When I am frustrated, I will walk away and take a break from writing, if only for a few minutes.
- When work is done, I will write about those things I am passionate about whether they are paying jobs or not.
- When I am under pressure of deadlines, I will relax and remind myself that all things are easier when the mind is still.
- When doubts come, I will remember that the world unfolds just as it is intended to be.
- When the day is done, I will smile and know I have accomplished exactly what I need to accomplish today.